Re: Find On Page

Gene

Control f is not the find command for NVDA. its control NVDA key f. the default NVDA key is the insert using the desktop layout. I believe it also works in the laptop layout.

the reading position should move to the result. I don't know if this still happens in recent versions, but in old versions of NVDA, at times I have to do a search twice because the first time, the reading position doesn't change properly, if at all. But this happens on and off and if you consistently aren't moved to the proper position, I don't know what is causing the problem.

From: Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2021 8:32 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Find On Page

Hi All,
A fellow lister suggested that I try this without any add-ons running, but I haven't tried that yet.
Here's the issue:
I use control + F to find something on a web page or document with Jaws just fine, but that never works with NVDA.
I've tried insert + control F too and it does not work.
It seems to act as though it did the search, but it does not place me on the page at what I searched for.
In fact, this has never worked for me, I'm sure even before I ever installed any addons.
I just assumed over the years that maybe NVDA does not do this.
When it does work for someone, does it actually move the reading cursor to the spot, or does it say it found something and leave a dialog box open?
I don't know if NVDA has done that before, or if it was something else, but I'm expecting the reading cursor to go to the first instance of my search, as Jaws does.

Thanks for any help.

Glenn