Re: Find On Page

Bob Cavanaugh

Brian,
What is the difference between browser find and NVDA find? It seems
odd to me that control+F does not work in NVDA as expected when I've
had no issues with it in any other screen reader. I would suggest a
change here, but I have no idea what would need to be changed.

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 09:52 PM, Gene wrote:

Control f is not the find command for NVDA. its control NVDA key f.
-
Indeed, but it appears the questioner has described using browser find
(CTRL+F) and NVDA Find (NVDA+CTRL+F) and neither is working as expected.
Why that would be, I cannot say, since browser find or NVDA find both work
for me (and many others) when either is used, depending on what, exactly one
is trying to do.

I have suggested trying: The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected
NVDA Issues ( https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/message/81494 )
as a starting point.

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless
you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon