Re: update on Firefox with NVDA

Maria S

I would like to make the observation that whenever Firefox crashes or
NVDA starts acting sluggishly, restarting NVDA immediately calms the
situation down. I was having to restart my computer every day, and now
I can go back to doing it once or twice a week. You have to do it
quickly though, because if you wait too long after the crash the
computer grinds to a screeching halt.

Just some experiences, Maria

On 4/8/21, Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@gmail.com> wrote:
Perhaps I should have explained better. My method was as follows:
Control+Alt+N to restart NVDA.
When that didn't work, I switched windows a few times, then in an
attempt to get things to work as expected, started closing Firefox
windows. It was around this time I thought my computer had frozen
which it has had a tendency to do lately, but before I decided to hard
reboot, I fired up Narrator and discovered that pressing Alt+F4 had in
fact been closing windows as expected, but NVDA must have crashed as
it quit speaking.

On 4/8/21, Luke Davis <luke@newanswertech.com> wrote:
On Thu, 8 Apr 2021, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:

around for a few minutes then crashed. I was only made aware of this
by firing up Narrator and discovering that I had been closing Firefox
windows all along.
Can you explain that more? To my knowledge, the key sequence to close
NVDA,
is
quite dissimilar to the one for closing Firefox windows.
I find your lack of specificity disturbing. :)

Luke