Re: [Solved] Activating the Mouse with NVDA

Gene

I see no reason to believe I am unique. I took a good training course, I looked at screen-reader documentation in the late nineties when I was first learning Windows, and I didn't have the slash and star keys described as divide or multiply. I learned it later, I don't recall how. for all I know, I may have learned it by using the key describer. On what do you base your contention or assumption that blind computer users generally know this?

All I said is that the keys be identified as both when discussing mouse movement. that is not unreasonable, given what I suspect is the experience of a good many blind people. If your impression is based on formerly sighted people knowing this, that isn't a valid basis. People who were blind when they start learning about computers may well not have been taught these numpad keys as mathematical functions.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2021 11:57 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Activating the Mouse with NVDA

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 12:49 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I don't use, and have never used a number pad-
Which, Sarah, makes you a member of a very tiny minority of computer users, sighted or blind. Again, knowing when one is far from the mean in a bell curve distribution is a pretty vital skill.

One does not create documentation "for the masses" that covers each and every rare eventuality. In fact, if one wants it to be as succinct as possible, one avoids doing precisely that.

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon