Re: unable to disable add ons for a given config profile?

Luke Davis

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

look at maybe reassigning those until you can disable addons in a config profile.
For the record (Joseph could speak much better about this), that seems very unlikely to happen, and certainly not any time soon.
Some major portions of NVDA would have to be rewritten to facilitate it, and there just isn't that kind of demand. Or, perhaps more accurately, there are lots of things that are in much higher demand.

Now, I could see profile based gesture maps coming much sooner, which may solve the kind of problem you are trying to address. Although I don't know of any work currently being done in that area.

If you want that, comment about it here please: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8123

Luke

"In this life there are obstacles, and forces who overcome obstacles. You can be either one or the other.
If you refuse to even try to clear an obstacle, you become the obstacle."
- Joel Shepherd