Re: Error in Firefox

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

I have not had to do this for a while as when you have troubles with the browser and this sounds like the same I had a few years back but resetting the browser fixed the problem in those cases. This was both in fire fox and recently in google browser it would speak stuff only if I tabbed but no browse mode etc and in the case of fire fox you could not interact with the browser apart from the menus.

the following page if you do go down this track can be fund at https://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-firefox-settings/

try some of the other steps from other people and also try another copy of nvda if you have it on a portable to see if the same problem happens and if it does I am guessing the browser is the problem but if it works well with the portable on fire fox then have to look closer at nvda.

As suggested also use the comm tool in nvda and see if that fixes the problem. it is all ways after doing that shut down the pc completely not sleep mode then start up the pc.

if it was saying that in all the browsers and also down on the running application area there might be another way but it sounds like it is not this other problem.

Gene nz

On 14/04/2021 12:36 pm, Casey Mathews wrote:

Whenever I open Firefox I hear NVDA say Unknown.

At this point I’m unable to tab or do anything in the browser other than get into menus.

This only happens in Firefox. Chrome and Edge work fine.

I’m running NVDA 2020.4 and Windows 10 21H1 (64-bit) build 19043.899

An NVDA error log is below, but not sure what to make of it as I’m not a developer.

displayText: exception: cannot unpack non-iterable NoneType object

IAccessibleObject: <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x73947c8 at a584cb0>

IAccessibleChildID: -16777238

IAccessible event parameters: windowHandle=919304, objectID=-4, childID=-16777238

IAccessible accName: exception: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

IAccessible accRole: exception: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

IAccessible accState: exception: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

IAccessible accDescription: exception: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

IAccessible accValue: exception: (-2147024809, 'The parameter is incorrect.', (None, None, None, 0, None))

Casey Mathews