Re: comment section in you tube is not displaying

Quentin Christensen

When I was exploring before, I tried in both Firefox and Chrome.  I did find a couple of times it hadn't yet loaded the comments, which was why I thought it was waiting until the focus actually was at the bottom to load them - Either way, it is very slow.  I think it's just that sluggishness rather than a browser issue, but that's just a guess.

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 2:33 PM Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:
The old trick of pressing Control+End, then shift+2 (to go back to the previous
heading level 2), still works to find comments.

However, Youtube is taking longer than ever to show comments now--I just had
timings of 3 seconds on one video, and 15 or so on another, before the Shift+2
actually worked.

However--I might test this more--if you pause the video (by hitting K, or
NVDA+F2 then K), then do the Control+End, Shift+2, that may load the comments
quicker. It seemed to in one test I did.

I don't generally use Youtube by computer, so YMMV, but these were my results in
Firefox just now.

--
Luke

"In this life there are obstacles, and forces who overcome obstacles. You can be either one or the other.
If you refuse to even try to clear an obstacle, you become the obstacle."
- Joel Shepherd

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager