Re: comment section in you tube is not displaying

Quentin Christensen

Interesting, I specifically can't get to the "add a public comment" edit with e - the only edit box NVDA sees is the search edit up the top - and that's even if I'm on my avatar next to the comment edit, so I know it's loaded.  I wondered if it was that it hadn't loaded and so NVDA hadn't seen it, but a) NVDA can navigate to it and read "Edit add a public comment", but even if I refresh NVDA's buffer at that point, it still can't find it.

On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 5:55 AM JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:
I usually use Chrome on youtube. What I do is open a video. I hit the letter e twice, and this puts me directly in the comment field. This seems to have become more rather than less reliable lately (the comment field seems to have been moved on the video pages by youtube, but I’m not quite sure of its new position on the screen,  if any.)
Chrome seems by far to give the best youtube experience for me. I find firefox to be a little unmanageable on youtube and slow, and I don't use any other chromium-based browsers currently to determine whether they work as well as Google Chrome.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: April 13, 2021 11:33 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] comment section in you tube is not displaying

I suspect there is something wrong with Youtube.  On another list there is discussion that comments canbe be seen with Edge but not with one or two other browsers.

Also, because the person asking the question has been seeing them before and something must have changed.

I tried looking for comments on a page and I didn't find them even though I skimmed down the page to allow it to change.