PDF: Alternate Text and Description of tables

Sandra Pilz

Hello,

I have written a Word Document which has a table. In the table properties, I have added an alternative text and a description of the table. When I read the table in Word, NVDA will read the alternative text as well as the description. When I export the document to PDF, NVDA will neither read the alternative text nor the description. Is this because NVDA doesn't support this in Adobe DC, or is it that Word doesn't include the alternative text and table description?

The same is true for tables created in PowerPoint, when the files are exported to PDF.

Regards

Sandra