Re: PDF: Alternate Text and Description of tables

I'd suspect this is because Microsoft doesn't export that information when converting to PDF.

There are scads of other converstion to PDF options, my favorite being PDFCreator.  I'd advise trying a couple of different ways of creating the PDF from an MS-Word file and see if any of them result in that information being carried over.

PDFs definitely have the capability of having this sort of information embedded if memory serves, so if it's there in an original in another format and missing from a converted-to-PDF document I'd suspect the conversion process.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon