Re: PDF: Alternate Text and Description of tables

Jonathan COHN

This would not be a Adobe issue. That being said, I am not sure what the correct solution is as I do very little document remediation. Usually, tables are labeled with Captions in HTML, and I believe PDF. I don't know if that is an option in Word. If you are running Word 2016 or newer, there should be a accessibility checker in the same approximate area as the spell checker in the ribbons. My apologies for not being able to be more precise in this message. Perhaps that can give you guidance.

On Apr 16, 2021, at 12:46, Sandra Pilz <sandra914481@...> wrote:

Hello,

I have written a Word Document which has a table. In the table properties, I have added an alternative text and a description of the table. When I read the table in Word, NVDA will read the alternative text as well as the description. When I export the document to PDF, NVDA will neither read the alternative text nor the description. Is this because NVDA doesn't support this in Adobe DC, or is it that Word doesn't include the alternative text and table description?

The same is true for tables created in PowerPoint, when the files are exported to PDF.

Regards

Sandra