locked Re: Where to send suggestions for NVDA?

Chris

From: Fernando Henrique Botelho
Sent: 16 April 2021 18:07
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Where to send suggestions for NVDA?

Dear all,

Where should small suggestions for changes or improvements to NVDA be sent?

For example, here is one:

Right now the command NVDA+S will switch from speech mode talk to speech mode off, to speech mode beeps, and then back.

I have no idea why or who uses speech mode beeps, but I suspect it is much less used than the two other modes. It is not just much more rare to need the beeps, but it is also very important to have a quick and easy toggle to turn speech on and off.

My suggestion is to have NVDA+S toggle between speech mode talk and speech mode off. And have the speech mode beeps be toggled on and off with a triple press of NVDA+S.

Thanks,

Fernando