Re: Find On Page

Gene

Find on page is used when control f is used and is not what should be used with NVDA. Use NVDA key f for the find dialog and it will work properly. If you are using the correct find, you will hear find dialog, not find on page.

From: Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 12:16 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Find On Page

Regardless of whether it is interfering with the app or not the thing is that it has never worked right, for me or anyone I've seen try to use it.
It should just take you to what you are looking for on the page.
To me, that is what has kept NVDA from being a very useful tool in the tool box, although it is always there, I seldom go for NVDA, because I use the find on page many times a day.
I think more folks should use it on web pages, but most people don't use web pages as much, and as proficiently as they should.
Glenn