Re: PDF: Alternate Text and Description of tables

benmoxey@...

Hi Sandra

I just tested this and the alt text title and long description for the table are present in the PDF.

In the export options, ensure “Document structure tags for accessibility” is checked. Note that I am using Microsoft 365, so the tags added to the PDF may have been enhanced since 2016.

Regarding the long description, if this information is essential for the user to understand the table’s contents, I recommend including it in the main body of the document, above the table. Many screen reader users will not know how to access the long description, so this approach ensures the information is easy to find.

Cheers

Ben