Re: On posting e-mail addresses in messages - Please don't #adminnotice

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 02:24 PM, Gene wrote:
I corrected the problem by making another e-mail program the default, then making Windows Live Mail the default again.
-
Which indicates that there was some small corruption in your existing setup.  And I say that because there are all sorts of small corruptions that can creep in on any system and through no direct user action.

What you did, which is a great idea, is the equivalent of the oft-given question/advice:  Did you turn it off and on again?    Resetting a given setting, saving it, then setting it back to what you thought it was in the first place (but wasn't acting that way) is a great simple diagnostic.  It doesn't always work, nothing will, but things that are dirt simple to try and take mere minutes are worth trying.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon