Re: Why is the NVDA report time not accurate to the second

Gene

I can't speak for the developers but I haven't seen any screen-reader that does that nor any talking clock. I believe there may be an NVDA add-on that allows the user to do this but I think most users would be really annoyed if that were the default behavior. I certainly wouldn't want to hear seconds announced as a general rule when I check the time.

I just checked and there is an add-on that will let you do all sorts of things with features regarding time.
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clock.en.html

Whenever you want to add functionality or be able to change something with more options, check to see if there is an add-on. Who knows what someone wanted and developed.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2021 5:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Why is the NVDA report time not accurate to the second

Hi friends,

As the title says, when you press NVDA + F12, only hours and minutes are reported, and seconds are not included.

By reading the source code of NVDA, I found that there may be a reason:

text=winKernel.GetTimeFormatEx(winKernel.LOCALE_NAME_USER_DEFAULT, winKernel.TIME_NOSECONDS, None, None)

Set the second parameter of this function to None to make NVDA's time report include seconds.
This is very Easy, I want to know why NVAccess did not do this? Is there something I overlooked?

Thanks every friend

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.