Re: PowerPoint: reading tables in presentation view

Pranav Lal

Hi all,

I second third and whatever number that request for better powwerpoint support. I need to use the program all the time and NVDA’s support is significantly lacking. I have not tried jaws and narrator.

One problem is tables as has already been highlighted in this thread. The next issue is the reporting of object and slide alignment. I need to know if all elements on a slide are visible. Yes, we do get that announcement but suppose I have a table obscured by a picture, where should I move the picture to make sure that both the table and picture are visible?

The last issue is playing media in slide show mode. I cannot activate any media in slide show mode.

There is training material on Powerpoint from nvaccess but it does not cover the above points.

Pranav