Re: Reading just text in red

Quentin Christensen

Are they using a different colour, or are they using track changes?  In Word, there is a feature called track changes.  So, if you send me a document, I can turn on track changes, then read it and delete and insert text and make changes I want, then send it back to you.  The inserted text appears as red and with an underline.  Deleted text is red with strikethrough.  If that's what they've used, press alt+r, h, 1 to jump to the next change or alt+r, f to jump to the previous change.

In Word, you can also do a search (use CONTROL+H rather than CONTROL+F) and under "more" (ALT+M), go to "Format" (ALT+O) then select the appropriate format type (Font in this case) and settings (colour).

Once you search, you can then use CONTROL+PAGE UP and CONTROL+PAGE DOWN to move between instances of the specified formatting.  Note that track changes doesn't appear as a change in formatting, so you can't use this method for that.  But it works great if they have actually changed the font colour.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Apr 17, 2021 at 6:37 AM Fernando Henrique Botelho <fbotelho@...> wrote:

Dear all,

Does NVDA offer a way to read only the text which is shown in red, or only the text which is shown in a color other than the predominant color in a given e-mail message or Word/Excel document?

I sometimes get e-mail messages where someone has made comments in a color which is different from that of the text being commented. I am hoping there is a quick way to tell NVDA to just read that portion of the document.

Thanks,

Fernando

--
Quentin Christensen