locked Re: OneCore Voices

Gene

Often, statements that are factually correct may be misunderstood.  Advertising takes advantage of this.  I know what it said but because I read it more than once to make sure what it was saying, I think it may mislead some people.

Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] A clarification regarding the user guide and One Core Voices

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 10:37 AM, Gene wrote:
Voices
are provided for many languages, and they are more responsive than the
Microsoft voices available using Microsoft Speech API version 5.
-
How that could be construed as applying to anything other than Microsoft voices is beyond me.  It explicitly states "Microsoft voices."  That's about as clear as it gets.  There are lots of other voices that use MS SAPI5, but those are not Microsoft voices.  They're made by whoever they happen to be made by.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

       ~ Richard M. Nixon