Re: Noticing that "Family" being mispronounced with some speech engines

Dan Beaver

If you are meaning that Family is being pronounced as though it is spelled famly instead then yes.  I believe it is because most of american culture has started pronouncing it this way so they changed the pronunciation dictionaries so it says it this way.  Our language is becoming corrupted and it drives me crazy.  I have to keep a very careful watch onmyown speech so I can delay my sliding into this situation myself.  You can probably make a correction in the pronunciation dictionary to make it speak correctly if you want.

Dan Beaver

On 4/26/2021 3:38 PM, Timothy Appleby wrote:

Hi all. I just want to find out if anyone else had experienced that the word “Family” is being mispronounced with some speech engines, it would be helpful if someone could chime in here.

Thanks in advance;

Tim Appleby.

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)