Re: Reading just text in red

Fernando Henrique Botelho <fbotelho@...>

Fantastic! Thank you very much. I will give it a try.

Best,

Fernando

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Malykh via groups.io
Sent: Monday, 26 April 2021 21:20
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading just text in red

It would work in any browse mode, not only in browser. In particular, it should work in MS Word. Not sure about Excel though, I am not familiar with how NVDA interacts with it. You also mentioned email messages - it should work in both Outlook and Thunderbird - and any other email client as long as they present email in HTML format.

On 4/26/2021 3:05 PM, Fernando Henrique Botelho wrote:

This would be perfect, except that I would need it on a normal application, rather than on the browser.

Thanks though, it is good to know of this add-on.

Best,

Fernando

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Malykh via groups.io
Sent: Monday, 26 April 2021 13:09
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading just text in red

Not quite what you're looking for, but in my BrowserNav add-on, I have a keystroke "Jump to next format change" assigned to tilde key by default (`). You can use it to find the next word written in a different color, but then you'd have to still manually check the color for example with NVDA+F keystroke.

HTH

--Tony

On 4/16/2021 1:36 PM, Fernando Henrique Botelho wrote:

Dear all,

Does NVDA offer a way to read only the text which is shown in red, or only the text which is shown in a color other than the predominant color in a given e-mail message or Word/Excel document?

I sometimes get e-mail messages where someone has made comments in a color which is different from that of the text being commented. I am hoping there is a quick way to tell NVDA to just read that portion of the document.

Thanks,

Fernando

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.