Re: Focus keeps shifting in NVDA

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 07:14 PM, Gene wrote:
Are you saying you move the mouse using the NVDA move mouse command, then use the left click associated with the mouse pad rather than the NVDA left click command?
-
Yes.

I have had more wonky behavior from screen reader "click emulation" than I care to think about, and across screen readers.  I have never had a left click button, whether on an actual mouse or mouse pad, do anything other than what's expected if the mouse pointer is pointing to the thing being clicked on, whether by "the usual sighted method" or routing the mouse to the screen reader item that has focus.

I have always understood why actual mouse pointer movement by mouse or mousepad are not wanted, but I fail to understand the resistance to using the actual hard buttons for left and right click, particularly on a laptop, when it's a simple matter to preclude mouse pointer movement.  It increases accessibility and minimizes the need to use multi-key shortcuts for very commonly needed actions.  But to each their own.

       ~ Richard M. Nixon