question about automatic language switching in tony's enhancements addon

Hello.
Sorry if my question was asked before.
I am interested about language switching in tony's enhancements addon but I got a bit confused.

I enabled the automatic switching checkbox and I had a look at the edit language map section.

I asume the first line is the English one.
It says:
en:[a-zA-Z]
If I Understand right the first part is the language code for English.

Then in the brackets we have got a-z in lower cace and then A-Z in capitals.

Do we need the first and the last letter for each alphabet or we could put B-X for example?
How does it know the letters in between?

The language I am interested is Greek.
If I understand right I should write:
el:[α-ωΑ-ω]

Most synths won't be able to read this right I guess.
In the brackets I put the letters alpha and omega the first and the last letter of the Greek alphabet in lower and capital kace.

Assuming what I typed here is correct, can I delete the languages I don't need from the map such as the Russian, Chinese etc?

Thanks a lot.
Nikos