Re: Petition · open source ETI-Eloquence

Hope Williamson

Yeah, I'm also amazed Skype is still around.

On 4/28/2021 7:23 AM, Chris Smart wrote:

I amazed Skype still exists.

On 2021-04-28 9:48 a.m., Gene wrote:
Your assumption is unsupported.  As was said here by another member,, Microsoft bought the company for its speech recognition software.  Microsoft has ;purchased companies before to aquire software they want to further develop and integrate into Windows.

You seem to assume that most acquisitions are for suppression.  While I would think some are to eliminate competition, that can hardly be assumed.

Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 5:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Petition · open source ETI-Eloquence

Probably doesn't do any development at all. Most likely will be just a patent troll.

On 4/28/2021 1:43 AM, zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz wrote:

Yep, Microsoft bought Nuance, and cerence is a new company, which develops all old good nuance products, including text to speech synthesizers like vocalizer and eloquence.