Re: Petition · open source ETI-Eloquence

Sarah k Alawami

Don't forget twitter baught periscope then shut it down march 31 of this year. Apple baught beats, then shut it down, this was I think 2011 to about 2013 or so.

Take care

Finally, you can support my work on happs, the network of now.

On 28 Apr 2021, at 13:58, Hope Williamson wrote:

Here are some good examples of acquisitions that resulted in shutdowns. Twitter acquired a blogging platform in 2012.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/3/12/2865638/twitter-acquires-posterous-blogging-platform

They shut it down a year later.

https://www.techradar.com/news/internet/twitter-to-shut-down-posterous-blogging-service-on-april-30-1131657

Twitter did the same with Vine, which was a video sharing app. They acquired it in 2013.

https://marketingland.com/twitter-acquires-vine-launches-ios-app-for-sharing-6-second-videos-31630

It took about 3 years, but what was left of  Vine still got killed.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/27/twitter-is-shutting-down-vine/

On 4/28/2021 6:48 AM, Gene wrote:
Your assumption is unsupported.  As was said here by another member,, Microsoft bought the company for its speech recognition software.  Microsoft has ;purchased companies before to aquire software they want to further develop and integrate into Windows.

You seem to assume that most acquisitions are for suppression.  While I would think some are to eliminate competition, that can hardly be assumed.

Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 5:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Petition · open source ETI-Eloquence

Probably doesn't do any development at all. Most likely will be just a patent troll.

On 4/28/2021 1:43 AM, zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz wrote:

Yep, Microsoft bought Nuance, and cerence is a new company, which develops all old good nuance products, including text to speech synthesizers like vocalizer and eloquence.