Re: Reading Characters/words/sentences

Quentin Christensen

Hi Rob,

You can find the user guide online: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html  We don't keep a current copy of the commands quick reference online, however you can find it in NVDA's help menu - it is essentially just the keystrokes pulled from the User Guide.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 1:18 AM Rob Larmour via groups.io <rob.larmour=northyorks.gov.uk@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I’m using NVDA version 2020.4 and have been using the following GUIDE.

In LAPTOP LAYOUT I cannot get all the following keyboard shortcuts to work in WORD, should it?

Can anybody help please.

Move review cursor to previous character

NVDA+m – Says ‘Mouse tracking off’

Move review cursor to start of line

NVDA+Shift+u – Capital U

Say current character at review cursor

NVDA+, - inserts a ,

move review cursor to next character

NVDA+. - WORKS

Move review cursor to end of line

NVDA+Shift+o – Reads current Line

Move review cursor to previous word

NVDA+j – inserts a J

Say current word at review cursor

NVDA+k – inserts a K

Move review cursor to next word

NVDA+l – input help on/off

Move review cursor to previous line

NVDA+u – says no progress bar updates

Move review cursor to first line

NVDA+7 – Focus moves navigator object on/off

Say current line at review cursor

NVDA+ i – Inserts an i

Move review cursor to next line

NVDA+o – Inserts an o

Move review cursor to last line

NVDA+9 –Inserts a 9

Regards

Rob Larmour

OFFICIAL

Read the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) information from North Yorkshire County Council:

https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/coronavirus-advice-and-information

Access your county council services online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.northyorks.gov.uk.

WARNING

Any opinions or statements expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily those of North Yorkshire County Council.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you receive this in error, please do not disclose any information to anyone, notify the sender at the above address and then destroy all copies.

North Yorkshire County Council’s computer systems and communications may be monitored to ensure effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. All GCSX traffic may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

Although we have endeavoured to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from any virus we would advise you to take any necessary steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

If you receive an automatic response stating that the recipient is away from the office and you wish to request information under either the Freedom of Information Act, the Data Protection Act or the Environmental Information Regulations please forward your request by e-mail to the Information Governance Team (infogov@...) who will process your request.

North Yorkshire County Council.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager