Re: a couple questions sparked by recent topics

Sarah k Alawami

For your second question the beeps mode only beeps when the screen changes. It won't talk.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Monday, May 3, 2021 5:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] a couple questions sparked by recent topics

Hi all,
Two questions, both having been sparked by recent topics:
1. What's the difference between Windows One Core voices and Sapi5 voices? It seems I have the same voices with both systems, with the addition to One Core of Mark.
2. I'm not sure I understand the speech and beeps setting that NVDA+S toggles to? What's the difference between that and the beeps you get with a progress bar?
Thanks,
Bob