Re: a couple questions sparked by recent topics

Gene

I’m not sure if this is more than you are asking.  My understanding is that One Core voices aren’t SAPI.  MSAPI, I believe that stands for Microsoft Speech Application program interface, is a standard that anyone can use to make compatible synthesizers for Windows.  I don’t know what MSAPI voices Microsoft may have but there are a lot of companies and developers who have developed MSAPI voices.

Sent: Monday, May 03, 2021 7:35 PM
Subject: [nvda] a couple questions sparked by recent topics

Hi all,
Two questions, both having been sparked by recent topics:
1. What's the difference between Windows One Core voices and Sapi5
voices? It seems I have the same voices with both systems, with the
addition to One Core of Mark.
2. I'm not sure I understand the speech and beeps setting that NVDA+S
toggles to? What's the difference between that and the beeps you get
with a progress bar?
Thanks,
Bob