Re: a couple questions sparked by recent topics

Sarah k Alawami

I use beeps mode when I need to read stuff on the screen that I don't need speech for. One ATC program takes about an hour to install, and all that shows up is a mess of cmd like prompts so I turn off speech and set it to beeps and just listen to the screen and eat lunch or what ever I'm doing. The high pitched beep tells me that something is happening but I don't need to deal with it right now.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] a couple questions sparked by recent topics

Not sure why you would use beeps as such either.

Onecore is the new way windows does its voices, I think its the same stuff as cortana.

With the right voices and a few extras you can get extra access to some
of those though sapi is the prefered platform.

Maybe there are slight quality improvements but its slight.

On 4/05/2021 12:35 pm, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:
Hi all,
Two questions, both having been sparked by recent topics:
1. What's the difference between Windows One Core voices and Sapi5
voices? It seems I have the same voices with both systems, with the
addition to One Core of Mark.
2. I'm not sure I understand the speech and beeps setting that NVDA+S
toggles to? What's the difference between that and the beeps you get
with a progress bar?
Thanks,
Bob

.