Re: Focus 14 Braille display and NVDA

dennis huckle

Thanks Brian,

I’ll have another look but can’t find any keystrokes that allow me to do what I want.

There are about 66 key strokes listed like ctrl.

Function keys and alt.

But no notification as to how to follow ctrl with n or alt f.

Thanks kindly for looking at this for me.

I’m new to nvda and also this group.

In the braille section of nvda settings the only display that suits the focus displays seems to be auto.

Kind regards,

Dennis huckle.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 05 May 2021 16:21
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Focus 14 Braille display and NVDA

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 10:52 AM, dennis huckle wrote:

Can anybody tell me how I can get the source code for the braille extender add on for nvda

-
Almost all of the NVDA add-ons are hosted on GitHub and since they're open source anyone is free to take the code and modify it to their heart's content.  BrailleExtender GitHub Page.

That being said, are you certain that what you're looking for may not already be possible?  The page for the add-on clearly states, "Once the add-on is installed, read the documentation and go through the settings using the BrailleExtender menu (located at the root of NVDA menu). The documentation is mainly generated automatically because it depends on the braille display in use."

What's available is directly dependent on the braille display that you're using.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042  

Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.  And then you destroy yourself.

~ Richard M. Nixon

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.