Re: Using gmail with "Basic HTML view" vs. "standard view"

Louise Pfau

Hi.  I should’ve indicated that I’d changed the subject line.  I’ve set my gmail to show 100 messages per page, so I wasn’t getting the difficulty displaying messages.  I believe that I was originally instructed to use “Basic HTML view” because it was more accessible.  I still find it easier to use because that’s what I’m used to.  When I tried to use “Standard view”, I found it difficult to navigate the interface, although that could be because I didn’t know how to enable the keyboard shortcuts.  If I remember correctly, there was a control on the page to use gmail with a screen reader, but I’m not sure about that.

Louise