Re: Strange problem with NVDA and LibreOffice

hi quentin.
i remember that i reported thiss issue in libreoffice bug report page,
or at least wrote comment and confirmed thiss issue in the previous
years.
but unfortunately i dont remember the link that i can send it.
i did not use libreoffice since version 6 and dont know that whether
newer versions are more accessible with nvda or not.

On 4/29/21, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
I believe so - but it's always tricky with issues like that, to know
exactly where the problem needs to be addressed, so absolutely do keep
raising such things here - and also do contact the other program developer
- LibreOffice in this case about it as well) - the more they know about
things which are problematic for their users, the more likely they are to
make it a higher priority. I think there was a linked LibreOffice issue
(on LibreOffice's Bugzilla tracker) as well.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 5:05 PM Michael Chopra <michaelchopra38@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi. Yes, I read all of that and that appears to be the issue that I'm
talking about. According to that GitHub issue, this appears to be
something that needs to be fixed in LibreOffice, is that right?
Thanks.
From Michael.

On 29/04/2021, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
Hi Michael,

Is this the issue you are facing:
https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/4119 There's a lot of
discussion
on that issue, but basically, you press NVDA+down arrow / NVDA+a to say
all, and NVDA only reads the first line or two of the document and
stops?

If so, the workaround I found seems to be effective, is to load your
document, press CONTROL+END to jump to the end of the document, then
control+home back to the start, and then try say all.

Quentin.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 10:48 AM Michael Chopra <
michaelchopra38@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi everyone. I have a strange problem. It appears when using the ?Say
all"
command in NVDA with LibreOffice, the command does not work as
expected.
use Caps lock as my NVDA modifier key and when I press it, normally it
would start reading from the current cursor positon to the end of the
document. It is not doing that in this instance. If I use the same
command
in Word, it works as expected.
I've been able to reproduce the issue multiple times and was wondering
what was going on here. I'm using Version: 7.1.2.2 (x64 of
LibreOffice.
have a friend who was also able to reproduce the issue, we have both
now
switched back to word because of it.
My question then is this, is it an NVDA problem or is it a problem for
LibreOffice to fix?
I'm also using the latest version of NVDA as well.
Thanks for your help.
From Michael.

--
Quentin Christensen