From: Rich DeSteno
Sent: 07 May 2021 11:31
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Uppercase pitch change is not clearly indicated with "Windows OneCore Microsoft Richard"

I use it all the time and it works quickly and totally accurately.

Rich De Steno

On 5/7/2021 4:58 AM, Gene wrote:

You can do that but that is less efficient and a more cluttered way to do this.

Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2021 10:49 PM

Change the NVDA settings to say "cap" when an upper case letter is typed.  You will never be in doubt again.

Rich De Steno

On 5/6/2021 10:18 PM, Louise Pfau wrote:

Hi.  I use the “Windows OneCore Microsoft Richard” voice from the “English Canada” pack with NVDA.  My uppercase pitch change is set to the default of 30, but when I enter or navigate to upercase characters, there doesn’t appear to be a pitch change.  I find “Microsoft Richard” to be the most expressive of the “Windows OneCore” voices that I have installed.  Has anyone else come across something like this with any of the other “Windows OneCore” voices?

Thanks,

Louise