Re: Enquiry about add-ons for Audio Production Software

Gene

It isn’t clear how you intend to record.  Are you recording content the computer is playing such as from a web stream or are you recording from something else like a cable television connected to the line-in jack of your computer?

We can’t advise on the best way to do what you want to do without knowing that.

From: Arlene
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2021 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Enquiry about add-ons for Audio Production Software

I am interested in learning how to record shows like 48 hours from this computer. I thought I had to use Reaper. Someone told me if you record from the PC it does pick up the screen reader weather you use JAWS, NVDA etc. but with a Mac you don’t pick up the screen reader when using Audio High Jack that the Mac uses.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 2021-05-09 1:49 p.m., Arlene wrote:

Hi, Does Reaper pick up NVDA while using it to record shows?

That all depends on which audio device you are recording through, how you have things routed etc. If you want to do something simple like record a show, you probably don't need Reaper.

Does it matter how fast your prosessor works while using Reaper?

Again, for doing what? Playing back a 100+ track project with lots of virtual instruments and effects processing? Yes. For recording a single thing onto one track, no.