Re: Navigation Pane

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Bingo, Chris!

My colleague Ronan McGuirk’ and I have just discovered this same routine and I am about to post it to the list. I have just one stroke different from you: I would suggest that the user not press enter after typing in the search word in the Navigation window but press escape after completing the typing, just as you advised. That will leave the user at the point in the document where they started. The first time they press CTRL-PageDown they will hear the full line of text where the key word is located. I found that after I press enter  I only hear the keyword itself.  Would you do me a favour and let me know what you think of the procedure which I describe in my next email, please? I would rather have it complete and agreed by experienced users as I am passing it on to some children who are learning the technique.

All the best,

Cearbhall