Re: Enquiry about add-ons for Audio Production Software

Bob Cavanaugh <cavbob1993@...>

Another thing, it appears Bluetooth sound devices are universally
treated as second sound devices, rather than an accessory as are
traditional headphones. So, if you already have any sort of Bluetooth
headset or speaker and your laptop has Bluetooth, that's an easy
solution that won't cost you anything extra, all you have to do is
know which sound device stereo mix is using and route any sound you
don't want to the other device.

I don’t know how many laptops have line-in jacks. Some have jacks you can
set either to use as line-in or microphone jacks. I’m not talking about USB
cables. Others can talk with you about how to connect your laptop to
whatever your friend has. I haven’t looked into it. You may be able to use
a US B cable or perhaps an old style patch chord with plugs, probably 1/8th
inch diameter plugs, on each end. but I can discuss recording programs. To
record from your friend’s laptop, I can tell you how to work with MP3 Direct
Cut or, what might be better, I can send you a tutorial I did on the
subject. It is a simple program and you can easily edit what you record.

So I’ll continue to discuss recording programs but I’ll let others discuss
the connection, and what they say will depend on what you find out from your
friend.

On 2021-05-09 1:49 p.m., Arlene wrote:

Hi, Does Reaper pick up NVDA while using it to record shows?

That all depends on which audio device you are recording through, how you
have things routed etc. If you want to do something simple like record a
show, you probably don't need Reaper.

Does it matter how fast your prosessor works while using Reaper?

Again, for doing what? Playing back a 100+ track project with lots of
virtual instruments and effects processing? Yes. For recording a single
thing onto one track, no.

.