Problem with installing NVDA - Computer rebooting

Mark Muscat

Hello all,

My apologies for the long post that will follow, but I am aiming to provide as much information as possible.

I am using an Intel I9 processor, 32 GB RAM and the motherboard is an Asus Z390m-Plus. I am also using Windows 10 Version 20H2.

Recently my NVDA when starting would reboot my system. I attempted to re-install NVDA with no success and the computer would reboot just after the initial melody and the three rising pitched tones. I attempted to uninstall and then use a clean install of NVDA with the same result.

Tried to install with the --install-silent flag and with the same result.

Use CCleaner to go through any registry and no change to the rebooting at the start of the installation.
Also attempted to install using a different audio card with no change.

If there are any ideas what I can do to rectify this I would appreciate suggestions.

thanks and regards
Mark Muscat