Re: Problem with Onecore voices on a Windows 10 laptop

Jackie

Steve, are you sure the voices that are working w/Narrator are 1core
as opposed to SAPI5?

On 5/12/21, Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:
Hi,

This is a brand new laptop for a customer. I have just upgraded it to
Windows 10 H2 and installed NVDA.

I have two identical laptops here, one works absolutely fine, and the other
will not load the Onecore voices.

It appears in the list, but then says Error loading Synthesiser driver. It
works with Espeak fine, but I think they would prefer the default voice.

Narrator speaks fine with it, and even works if I go into Speech settings
in
Windows and Preview the voice.

What I have tried so far is to completely remove and reinstall NVDA,
including user settings.

I have also tried resetting the configuration with Control+NVDA+R three
times.

Again, the synth appears in the list, but errors when loading.

I saw a similar message on this list from Louise, so the next thing I am
going to try is to check compatibility settings in NVDA to make sure
nothing
is checked. Other than that though, I am not sure what is going on here.
Other than that, I'm almost ready to reset the PC, if no-one has any ideas.

Here is the log excerpt that I get when trying to load the synth:-

INFO - core.main (16:48:49.235) - MainThread (5932):

Using configobj version 5.1.0 with validate version 1.0.1

ERROR - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (16:48:52.220) - MainThread (5932):

setSynth

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "synthDriverHandler.pyc", line 448, in setSynth

File "synthDriverHandler.pyc", line 419, in getSynthInstance

File "synthDrivers\oneCore.pyc", line 169, in __init__

File "synthDrivers\oneCore.pyc", line 476, in _getDefaultVoice

RuntimeError: No voices available

Of course, there are voices available, because they work with Narrator.

If anyone has any ideas, please do hit me with them.

Thanks.

All the best

Steve--

<https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe> https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe