Re: Problem with Onecore voices on a Windows 10 laptop

Louise Pfau

There are SAPI 5 versions of some of the voices that are also listed as OneCore.  In a recent thread, I learned that which voices also appear as SAPI 5 depends on which default language settings you have.  If I remember correctly, the problem I had with OneCore voices was that it didn’t appear correctly in the list of synthesizers although it loaded correctly when I was finally able to select it.  Compatibility with earlier versions of Windows had to be turned off from NVDA properties.  This was a while ago.

Louise