Phonics and NVDA

Jane Sharp

Hi

I wondered if anyone has found a way to allow very young learners to use NVDA while they are developing literacy through the use of phonics.

I have a learner who is learning letter sounds and starting to build words. So for example, for pet, puh eh tuh. We’d like her to be able to type this and get those sounds from character echo rather than the letter names, p e t, and then when she presses space to get the word pet pronounced correctly.

I can change the pronunciation of the letters in the Dictionary but this messes up word echo. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

Thanks

Jane