Re: faced 2 problems while using zoom with NVDA

Sharad Koirala

thank you.
the trick of saving the chats whenever one needs to open a link is useful.

On 5/15/21, Eilana Benish <benish.ilana@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everybody

I don't think that we can change the option to enter slide shows or
websites that are shared with share screen on zoom. when someone shares a
screen it is like you are watching TV or other video content so you cannot
access the shared screen

The only way to interact with someone else is screen is if the other side
gives you remote control when sharing screen. in addition, in order to use
the other one computer with screen reader they will have to install screen
reader on their computer.

As far as the links on the chat panel - here's what I do with NVDA

· I open the chat panel with Alt + h - which is the default
keyboard shortcut inszoom

· the cursor is located at the message area where you can type a
message.

· if you don't want to type a message you can press tab to move to
the messages list.

· keep pressing tab to move to the next message and Shift + TAB

In the last version of zone that I have, moving between messages in the
list message cannot be achieved with the up and down arrow keys

· to open the link press enter when the URL receives focus.

‫בתאריך יום ה׳, 13 במאי 2021 ב-21:49 מאת ‪Scott Salzman‬‏ <‪
scott.salzman@furman.edu‬‏>:‬

Here's some additional follow-up to Sarah's suggestions. Apologies for
all of this detail. I hope some of it may be helpful.

There's a "Save Chat" button, in the Chat window, under the "More Chat
Options" button. You can use this button to save the chat at any time,
as
many times as you like during a Zoom meeting. NVDA does not announce
anything when you press the "Save Chat" button, but if you tab backwards
few times, you'll land on a "Show in Folder" button, which will open a
File
Explorer window that has your saved chat text file.

It looks like this save chat function will save any updates to the same
file, so you'll only have one saved chat file, for each meeting. Even if
the function to automatically save chat at the end of the meeting has
been
enabled, it looks like that also updates the same file. So any time you
open this file, it should contain all of the chat messages, as of the
last
time chat was saved in that meeting.

Note that in Zoom versions 4.5.0 or later, there is a setting under the
"Meetings" tab, that would allow a host to "Prevent participants from
saving chat". This setting is different from, and independent of the
"Auto
saving chats" setting, which only saves chat at the end of the meeting.
Not surprisingly, if I start a Zoom meeting with the "Prevent
participants
from saving chat" setting enabled, I can't make it available during that
meeting, even if I change the setting.

Thanks.

Scott

Scott Salzman