Re: NVDA running on a budget laptop

Jeff Samco

Thank you Rui, David, Brian and Monte. I wish I could be comfortable with  a simple processor like the  celeron but probably need an I5 or equivalent to be  confident the laptop won't frustrate me.

Jeff

At 05:46 PM 5/15/2021, you wrote:

If you could even move up to a low end icore 3 or 5 processor,  the difference would be noticeable.

In a machine like you describe, and if I had only one choice, I would  go for a better processor instead of more ram.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeff Samco
Sent: May 15, 2021 6:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA running on a budget laptop

I am looking to purchase a second, low cost and compact laptop for some upcoming travelling. I only expect to be running NVDA, basic web browsing, email using MS Outlook and simple word processing. I don't know how much MVDA uses in terms of processing resources and would like some advice. I am considering the following laptop:

HP Stream Pro 11 G5, Celeron N4000 / 1.1 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit National Academic, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB EMMC, 11.6" Display 1366 X 768 (HD), UHD Graphics 600, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth - Kbd: US - 5VD62UT#ABA

Does anyone know if this configuration will perform well enough or should I move up to another level of processor?
Thanks for any input.
Jeff