Re: NVDA running on a budget laptop

Kevin Cussick

I had this machine and threw it in the bin! just to slow.

On 16/05/2021 01:46, Monte Single wrote:
If you could even move up to a low end icore 3 or 5 processor,  the difference would be noticeable.
In a machine like you describe, and if I had only one choice, I would go for a better processor instead of more ram.
*From:*nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Jeff Samco
*Sent:* May 15, 2021 6:20 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda] NVDA running on a budget laptop
I am looking to purchase a second, low cost and compact laptop for some upcoming travelling. I only expect to be running NVDA, basic web browsing, email using MS Outlook and simple word processing. I don't know how much MVDA uses in terms of processing resources and would like some advice. I am considering the following laptop:
HP Stream Pro 11 G5, Celeron N4000 / 1.1 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit National Academic, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB EMMC, 11.6" Display 1366 X 768 (HD), UHD Graphics 600, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth - Kbd: US - 5VD62UT#ABA
Does anyone know if this configuration will perform well enough or should I move up to another level of processor?
Thanks for any input.
Jeff