Re: words with no spaces on this web page?

Gene

If you follow the resend confirmation link, you will see the page being discussed.  I’m saying this as a general comment to anyone.  Try things if they aren’t dangerous.  You may find the solution to problems or you may be able to do something you are attempting. 

In this case, I thought I might see some sort of registration but the page came up.  Either way, I didn’t think following the link would be dangerous. 

I saw the text with no spaces but if I turn off browse mode, select all and paste it to the clipboard and paste it into Notepad, the spaces are present.

Evidently, the site is using a nonstandard carachter for space which NVDA doesn’t recognize but which is recognized by the browser. 

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 11:14 PM
Subject: [nvda] words with no spaces on this web page?

Hello. You can access this web page  to see what I’m talking about. When I explore the page, I get words with no spaces, yet the sighted person sees words with spaces. I’ve been in touch with the expo guys, and they have been in touch with their developers who did this form and the site, and they suggested I use chrome, that failed, and brave failed. Here is an example of what I’m seeing.

ThankyouforyourinterestinparticipatinginFlightSimExpoonSeptember24-26,2021inSanDiego,California.

The form where the radio buttons read correctly.  The section reading “In-Person Registration - All Weekend ($70.00)” reads correctly as well, but what should I tell them about what’s going on. Narrator shows each word as a separate element by the way.

Take care.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.