Re: words with no spaces on this web page?

Gene

Thinking about what I wrote in my quoted message below, why does NVDA browse mode not show blank lines where paragraphs occur?  This would make it unnecessary to turn off browse mode to correctly copy text.  And, since I would think most blind people don’t know this is a problem in the first place, my guess is that a lot of blind people routinely send incorrectly formatted text to sighted people.

From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 4:20 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] words with no spaces on this web page?

When I send information to sighted people that is more than a few lines, such as an article or an excerpt of an article that is long enough to amount to something, I copy it with browse mode off.  If you check, you will see that no paragraph indications are present in the browse mode representation of a page.  You can down arrow through an article and you won’t see blank lines.  If you copy text with browse mode off, you will see blank lines where paragraphs occur.

I’m not discussing this to be argumentative but it is important to know this.  Sighted people find it very difficult reading long blocs of text with no paragraph breaks.  For some reason, it is visually very difficult.  Also, you want to send text in a standard format and not appear as though you or your equipment is in some way deficient to a sighted reader.  the reader won’t know that the screen-reader is causing the problem.  All they will know is that they are being sent incorrectly formatted text.

In addition, as I said, in this specific instance, copying the text with browse mode off and pasting it into Notepad produces text with proper spacing.