From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 4:20 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] words with no spaces on this web page?

When I send information to sighted people that is more than a few lines,
such as an article or an excerpt of an article that is long enough to amount
to something, I copy it with browse mode off. If you check, you will see
that no paragraph indications are present in the browse mode representation
of a page. You can down arrow through an article and you won’t see blank
lines. If you copy text with browse mode off, you will see blank lines
where paragraphs occur.

I’m not discussing this to be argumentative but it is important to know
this. Sighted people find it very difficult reading long blocs of text with
no paragraph breaks. For some reason, it is visually very difficult. Also,
you want to send text in a standard format and not appear as though you or
your equipment is in some way deficient to a sighted reader. the reader
won’t know that the screen-reader is causing the problem. All they will
know is that they are being sent incorrectly formatted text.

In addition, as I said, in this specific instance, copying the text with
browse mode off and pasting it into Notepad produces text with proper
spacing.