Re: words with no spaces on this web page?

Sarah k Alawami

I sent them the feedback at about 1 this morning. They are going to forward the  stuff to the devs, in fact, the devs have already been in contact with the person and the person has already been in touch with me. We’ve been having this conversation since Saturday so here’s hoping  things get fixed for either this year or next year. I’ve sent them the feedback about the empty elements and how it would be best to go about fixing it. I’m not sure if this is both nvda and chrome’s fault for rending the page, or if nvda should ignore empty elements like this and read them as a space? A sighted person does so nvda should as well, maybe? I really don’t know.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 1:03 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] words with no spaces on this web page?

I saw a message from a list member saying that the site reads correctly with Firefox.  I just checked and I can confirm that.

Also, Firefox doesn’t stop at the Resend Authorization link.  it displays it at the top of the page but loads the page.

Since the spaces problem occurs with Chrome-based browsers and screen-readers, is this something the site needs to deal with, NVDA needs to deal with, or Chrome?