Re: PowerPoint and cursor routing

Quentin Christensen

Hi Sandra,

It looks like we do have an issue for this: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/9101 although it doesn't look like anyone has looked into it recently.  If you can add any more info, please do comment on the issue to raise it again.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 4:15 AM Sandra Pilz <sandra914481@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for your reply. When I press one of the cursor routing buttons on my Braille display, NVDA doesn't place the cursor to where I'm trying to route it. It doesn't work, regardless whether Braile tethering is set to automatic or to focus.

This happens on both my Mantis and my Handytech display.

When Braille Extender is active, NVDA will say the letter I'm trying to route the cursor to, but the cursor doesn't actually move. When I try it without any addon running, nothing happens, the cursor will stay put.

Regards

Sandra

Am 17.05.2021 um 06:32 schrieb Quentin Christensen:
Do you mean Braille isn't following the focus?  I haven't checked, but you could try NVDA+control+t to change where Braille is tethered.  See the user guide section here: https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#BrailleTether

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 9:37 PM Sandra Pilz <sandra914481@...> wrote:

Hi,

I am running the current version of NVDA and have an Office subscription. I also have a Mantis Q40. For me, cursor routing doesn't work when editing presentations. Is this a known problem or can I do something to make it work?

Regards

Sandra

--
Quentin Christensen