Re: MalwareBytes Premium Reporting Possible False Positive With a File in the Acapela Colibri Voice Bundle

Hmmm well all bgt stuff is false and the dev doesn't care, becides its been abandond, virtual recorder does this, and well the dev of that is no more.

There are a few others, but malwarebytes has all this machine learning and well, put it this way, standard system with no accessible anything doesn't have that trouble so who knows.

On 24/05/2021 3:23 pm, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 11:10 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
I have excluded all blindness related programs from games to screen readers because of false positives like this.
-
Which really does nothing as far as getting false positives to go away for you, later, and everyone else.  It works, but that's not the point.

I don't have MalwareBytes on this machine, and can't check their reporting mechanism at the moment.  That being said, if you report a false positive to the software maker whose stuff is being flagged, they are generally very motivated to get in touch with the producer of the scanner that's generating that false positive and getting that resolved.  Sadly, sometimes without ever responding to the reporter who told them they've got a false positive coming up.

I've reported multiple false positives over the years and they've often been resolved in less than 24 hours and have remained that way.  That's my goal, so that no one else has to get that same false positive and wonder if it might be real.

      ~ Brian Vogel