locked Re: Does turning-on "BitLocker" cause any accessibility issues?

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 08:48 AM, Richard B. McDonald wrote:
Soon, I will turn-on BitLocker.
-
All I'll say about this, and it's not accessibility related, is think long and hard about whether you really want or need full drive encryption.  Most of us don't, particularly for our personal computers.

As a repair tech I have seen more incidents where everything was lost and unrecoverable because of "encryption gone wrong" than I care to talk about.  And I'm not talking about ransomware encryption, but intentional drive encryption.  It can be a major stumbling block if recovery is needed.  It can also be an issue if it "burps" in any way.

Give due consideration to whether this is something needed or not.

      ~ Brian Vogel